Code of the Rosicrucians:
“First, That none of them should profess any other thing than to cure the sick, and that gratis.
2. None of the posterity should be constrained to wear one certain kind of habit, but therein to follow the custom of the country.
3. That every year upon the day C. they should meet together in the house S. Spiritus, or write the cause of his absence.
4. Every brother should look about for a worthy person, who, after his decease, might succeed him.
5. The word C. R. should be their seal, mark, and character.
6. The Fraternity should remain secret one hundred years.”
–Henrik Bogdan, Western Esotericism and Rituals of Initiation, 2007, pg. 63.